As it has always been, the safety and security of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
If you have a holiday booked with Bournecoast Holiday Agents, you are planning to book your accommodation with us or you are staying in one of our properties now and have questions or concerns about the Coronavirus outbreak then please use this help page which should assist you with some of the questions you may have.
The UK Government guidance was that accommodation providers were able to reopen on 4th July 2020, we are monitoring any further updates.
"Bournecoast provides me with a fully managed service for my holiday let property. They are quick to respond to any and every situation including the current pandemic, putting health and safety measures in place. I am confident in their professional approach and know that I can rely on their expertise in the holiday let business."
HOLIDAY VISITOR REVIEW
"Many thanks for our awesome stay. The apartment was fantastic. We look forward to staying with you again. Many thanks to your fantastic team."
On 23rd June 2020 the Government announced that self catering holidays can open again from 4th July 2020. Whilst our Landlords have now re-opened their holiday accommodation for leisure travel, the safety of staff and clients remains a priority. In order to keep everyone safe during this next phase we ask that you please read and adhere to the following protocols during your holiday:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds (use your own personal hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available)
- Always wash your hands when you go into the property and regularly through the day
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze, put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- Please adhere to social distancing regulations at all times
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Your Holiday Property
Before your Arrival:
- Visitors who are currently self isolating due to having tested positive for COVID 19, experiencing symptoms or have a family member who have tested positive or have symptoms are advised to isolate in accordance with Government guidelines. Under these circumstances you should not use the holiday accommodation provided, please contact us urgently if you need to cancel your holiday. UK Government Guidance
- Please comply with the current regulations in relation to the number of households and number of people allowed to stay.
- Keys will be wiped with antibacterial wipes or spray before being sent to you or put into the key safe.
- All of the landlords or their changeover agents have been advised to comply with government cleaning guidelines prior to your arrival. Bournecoast Cleaning Protocol
- Bournecoast have recommended that landlords and their changeover agents clean and protect your holiday accommodation with Goldshield Technology which kills 99.99% of germs and viruses for up to 14 days. Goldshield Technology Information
- We advise you to bring your own personal hand sanitisers with you for use during your stay.
During Your Stay:
- Please follow all Government advice and maintain any social distancing regulations.
- In an emergency, for example, an accident or fire, you are not required to maintain social distancing as it would be unsafe to do so.
- Please wash your hands regularly and follow the personal hygiene recommendations above.
- When spills of food or liquids occur please ensure that work surfaces are left in a clean and sanitised condition.
- Thoroughly wash crockery and cutlery after each use before putting them away.
- Please close toilet seats before flushing.
- If any necessary or urgent repairs, gas and electrical safety checks are required during your stay this will be done by appointment with measures put in place to ensure physical contact is minimised, for example visitors will be out of the property or stay in another room during the visit.
Departing the Property:
- Please wipe the property keys with antibacterial wipe or spray before returning the keys as instructed.
- Please put all pillow cases, bed sheets, duvet covers and towels in bags and tie the bags securely for collection (please leave pillows, pillow protectors, duvets and mattress protectors on the beds for the changeover agents to deal with).
Visiting our Office
If you visit our office, please ensure that you use the hand sanitiser provided or wash your hands on entering and before leaving the building. In accordance with good hygiene, we will not shake your hand – please don’t be offended.
If Someone Becomes Unwell During Your Stay
If you or any of your party becomes ill during your stay please advise Bournecoast straight away and contact 111 for medical advice. If you are confirmed to have COVID-19, you should return home if you reasonably can. You should use private transport but only drive yourselves if you can do so safely. UK Government Advice - Staying in Accommodation - COVID-19 Symptoms
If someone in your property becomes unwell at any stage, or has come into contact with a high risk person and under Government guidelines has quarantined themself – please let us know in order that we can take any necessary action (such as deep cleaning) and where appropriate advise other residents.
If someone becomes unwell in your holiday property they should:
- get at least 2 metres (7 feet) away from other people
- go to an isolated room and close the door
- avoid touching anything
- cough or sneeze into a tissue and put it in a bin, or if they do not have tissues, cough and sneeze into the crook of their elbow
The unwell person should use their own mobile phone to call either:
- 111, for NHS advice
- 999, if they’re seriously ill or injured or their life is at risk
They should tell the operator:
BUSY BEACH? NOT ANYMORE...
A brand new app has been launched by Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Tourism to help you - our visitors - stay safe and well when you visit our beautiful award-winning beaches.
We know how important your well-being is which is why, when you decide to visit our beaches, you get to #KnowBeforeYouGo and can have peace of mind knowing your safety is our number one priority.
Whether you're stretching your legs for a lovely evening walk or armed with a bucket and spade ready for a full weekend of sandy frolics, you can search for your slice of heaven with minimum fuss. The simple traffic-light system, updated with the latest technology regularly throughout the day by the on-site seafront rangers, shows which beaches across our glorious 15-mile coastline are the least congested so you can find your hot spot without the hotspots.
The app is currently available on the Apple App Store and Google Play and was developed in collaboration with BCP Council.
#RespectProtectEnjoy our destinations, #LeaveOnlyFootprints and bask in the sun's warm embrace.
We understand that there may be the need to cancel or move a reservation due to the Coronavirus outbreak, whilst we will do everything we can to assist you in this process the cancellation procedure will be determined by the way you originally made your reservation and the cancellation policy agreed by the owner of your property. As a booking agency please note that we do not hold the rental payments for your property and we are not travel insurance company so are not able to directly refund rental payments to you. We are advising visitors to contact their personal travel insurance company to progress a claim with them for reimbursement of any rental lost as a result of specific cancellation policies which may apply to your reservation.
The first step, if you think you may need to cancel a reservation due to the Coronavirus, is to provide documentation to show that you have had to change or cancel travel:
- In order to comply with disease control restrictions implemented by relevant governmental or health authorities
- In order to perform medical or disease control duties in connection with the COVID-19 outbreak;
- As a result of flight or ground transport cancellations initiated by an airline or ground transport provider due to the COVID-19 outbreak;
- In the event that they are diagnosed or suspected of being infected with COVID-19 by a medical or health authority.
The next step will be to establish the cancellation procedure relating to your reservation and the property you have booked:
Reservations Made Directly with Bournecoast
Under the terms and conditions of the booking the cancellation policy does not offer a refund unless the property is rebooked (less the relevant cancellation administration fee), we have included a link to our Terms and Conditions below for you. The landlord may agree to move your reservation to alternative available dates in the same accommodation. If you were to move to another property which is owned by another landlord then the original reservation would still need to be cancelled and a new reservation made.
If you do need to cancel a confirmed reservation due to the Coronavirus, or you wish to make a reservation which you believe may be at risk of needing to cancel due to the Coronavirus, please let us know and we can contact the owner to see if they are willing to agree to a refund for your specific booking if it is cancelled and the relevant documentation is provided.
If you do need to cancel or amend your reservation please do let us know as soon as possible and we will assist you as much as we can.
BOURNECOAST - TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
The Airbnb extenuating circumstances policy covers hosts and guests with eligible reservations who are being impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Airbnb are closely monitoring official guidance from local governmental and health authorities and the World Health Organization in order to support the health and wellbeing of the Airbnb community in severely impacted areas. As the situation evolves, they will be continuously evaluating and updating their policy. If a trip is covered by the policy, the visitor will have the option to cancel the reservation without charge.
AIRBNB - FURTHER INFORMATION
Owners Direct/HomeAway Bookings
Owners Direct/HomeAway are encouraging owners to either arrange for a credit to be held for a future reservation in the same property or give a full refund if a cancellation relates to the Coronavirus, although it will depend if the owner of the accommodation you have booked agrees to either of these. If they do agree to cancel and refund, you will automatically get the Traveler Service Fee refunded from Owners Direct. If the owner does not agree to the cancellation, but you decide to cancel anyway the standard Cancellation Policy will apply which was agreed when you made your reservation.
OWNERS DIRECT - FURTHER INFORMATION
Trip Advisor/Holiday Lettings Bookings
If you had to cancel a booking, that was due to start prior to the 31 July 2020, due to the impact of COVID-19, you will not have been charged a cancellation fee.
You are encouraged to try to move your dates in the first instance, and if you can we can edit bookings through our account.
To allow you additional flexibility and help you decide nearer your holiday whether you wish to travel, TripAdvisor delayed all balance due dates to 15 days before travel, for bookings where the balance was due before 31 August 2020.
If you need to cancel, go to the Manage my Booking page, or if you booked through Tripadvisor, your inbox. When you cancel, you’ll be refunded in full.
For bookings on or after 1 August 2020, at this moment in time, the cancellation policy will apply as they continue monitoring travel and government advisories.